I want to marry that Destiel!anon so much, I’m serious right nowThat was my first interaction with someone in fandom about Destiel! I feel lucky.
Much nose-wrinkling when news channels go, “WHAT HAPPENED, [CITY]?” when there’s low turn-out during voting day (lookin’ at you, Arnab). My family went to vote yesterday, but my mum’s name was not on the voter-list at the polling booth, so despite her brandishing her voter ID, she was not allowed to vote. She came away both furious and disappointed. This happened to quite a lot of my friends, too. Do not disregard these kinds of clerical errors, is what I’m saying. There were quite a lot of them this year.
Anonymous asked: As a Destiel shipper, Dean seriously does not need rescuing from the toxic nature of the Sam+Dean relationship, he needs rescuing from himself. Dean's sick. Castiel, at worst, would even give him just a replacement to latch onto IF Sam could cut himself free alone. When Zachariah said they're sexually codependent, he wasn't lying. As long as the relationship remains the way it is, neither can have anyone else, and it's Dean who's the rope around their necks.
… Destiel!anon to add; and it’s not up to anyone but Dean himself to save himself. There’s no magical romance that could sweep a damage that profound from a person’s mind. They have to do it themselves. Having someone helps, but they can never do the work.
Anonymous asked: 7, 12, 21, 41.
7. What’s your opinion on Megstiel?
It’s one of those things that didn’t ever occur to me until Show started making it work… surprisingly well? I mean, they kind of fell into the ‘freedom is beautiful but dangerous’ theme after s5; both of them were lost, rudderless, without a cause; and managed to find each other in a particularly vulnerable time in their long, long lives (kind of like Sam and Amelia, sshh). I mean, this is not to romanticise them, of course, but it’s cute.
12. Who is your favourite angel?
Pre-s9, it would’ve been Castiel, but right now, it’s Gadreel. He’s kind of like a proto-Sam in my opinion, with an intense desire to do good, whatever it takes, but he lacks the resources that Sam has to take responsibility for his actions, and to cope with his trauma. My fondest hope is that Gadreel will one day trick Metatron and escape, but it’s going to be a long, long journey (hell, even Sam hasn’t realised yet that “redemption” and “atonement” is a crock of shit. He still thinks Dean is going to give him those if he continues hunting, but that’s never going to happen, clearly.)
21. What’s your opinion on Destiel?
It’s not a ship I’m interested in. And it’s not really because Destiel shippers erase Sam and/or make him a cheerleader—it’s your ship, your fic, mate, do whatever you want—but this attitude among them that it’s Dean who needs rescuing from the toxic nature of SamnDean, and that Castiel can somehow “get through to him better” and rescue him. No. Dean treats Castiel just as badly. Sometimes I’d wager even worse, because Castiel holds Dean in such high regard and considers him a model of human behaviour, and Dean abuses that trust and regard by constantly shifting the goalposts of Dean-approved behaviour.
What I’m saying is, Dean doesn’t need a new relationship to change his behaviour. He needs to bloody change himself.
(I’m not excluding Destiel from Dean’s future. He may have declared himself straight, but, mate: people are allowed to change their opinions about themselves, however late in life that change may come.)
41. Do you prefer cake or pie?
There’s this bakery down my street that makes the most delicious apple pies. I’ve tried pies everywhere else, and they taste awful. It’s just this bakery, this pie. I wonder what’s their secret.
- 1: What is your Supernatural OTP?
- 2: What's your opinion on John Winchester?
- 3: Which season finale was your favorite/least favorite?
- 4: Which is your favorite episode?
- 5: Which episode makes you cry the most?
- 6: Which episode is the funniest to you?
- 7: What's your opinion on Megstiel?
- 8: When did you start watching Supernatural?
- 9: Which episode title do you think is the funniest?
- 10: What's your opinion on Garth?
- 11: If you could bring back any character, would you? If so, whom?
- 12: Who is your favorite angel?
- 13: Who's your favorite archangel?
- 14: What's your opinion on Wincest?
- 15: What's your opinion on Lisa? (and Ben, if you want)
- 16: When did you start blogging about Supernatural?
- 17: Do you think that Chuck is God?
- 18: Do you have a favorite Dick (Roman) joke? If so, what is it?
- 19: Which is your favorite episode?
- 20: Who do you ship Sam with?
- 21: What's your opinion on Destiel?
- 22: Did you like the first or second Ruby better?
- 23: Who's your favorite demon?
- 24: Do you read smutty fanfiction?
- 25: Do you think Destiel will become canon in season 9? (Regardless of whether you want it to or not)
- 26: Have you ever had a dream about Supernatural/the characters/the actors? If so, can you describe what you remember?
- 27: Which episode is the scariest to you? (Horror-movie type scary)
- 28: What's your opinion on Sabriel?
- 29: Do you think End!verse will happen? If so, are you looking forward to it?
- 30: Do you have any friends off of the Internet that watch Supernatural?
- 31: Do any of your family members watch Supernatural?
- 32: What's an unpopular opinion or headcanon you have?
- 33: Do you like AU fanfics?
- 34: Have you ever written/started writing a fanfic?
- 35: What's your opinion on Samifer?
- 36: If you have an OTP, at what point did you start shipping it?
- 37: Do you think Sam should have completed the demon trials?
- 38: Which director/writer is or was your favorite/least favorite?
- 39: Which actor would you most like to meet in real life?
- 40: If you could be any character on the show, would you want to? If so, whom? If not, why?
- 41: Do you prefer cake or pie?
- 42: What is your opinion on Sastiel?
- 43: Have you ever made a Supernatural reference out loud and received strange looks from some of the people surrounding you?
- 44: Have you ever cried over a non-OTP ship from the show?
- 45: What is your favorite moment from any of the gag reels?
- 46: Superwholock?
- 47: What is/was your favorite Sam hair length?
- 48: What's an unpopular ship you have?
- 49: What's your opinion on Wincestiel?
- 50: Can you dig Elvis?
- 51: Do you listen to Carry On Wayward Son even when you're not just watching a finale?
- 52: What's your opinion on Zachariah?
- 53: Do you think Adam will ever get out of the cage? (not as Michael)
- 54: Do you think Sam should have completed the trials?
- 55: How long would you survive as a hunter?
- 56: What's your opinion on Calthazar?
- 57: Do you have a Netflix account? If so, what's your username and password? Wait a second, just the first part.
- 58: Have you ever participated in GISHWHES?
- 59: What movies/shows have you watched because of (or by coincidence) Jared, Jensen, or Misha?
- 60: If you could change just one thing about the series, what would it be?
- 61: If you were at a Con, what would be a question you would ask?(can be any of the actors)
- 62: Why did you start watching Supernatural?
- 63: What's your opinion on Sam/Crowley?
- 64: What's your biggest fear for season 9?
- 65: What's your favorite (or at least a memorable) pop culture reference that has been made on the show?
- 66: Just a random confession you have regarding the show/Asker makes up their own question.
in one of those ‘ugh fuck i can’t write for shit' moods
yep, same for me tbh.I guess it’s cause dark!sam oozes this stupidly hot sense of self-confidence and his eyes burn bright whereas dean’s eyes look like the eyes of a dead man and possesses the body posture of a mercenary-it’s not hot it’s horrifying
i’m the reverse, i feel sick at the the thought of evil!sam (maybe because it’s the antithesis of who he wants to be), but i can tolerate evil!dean.
is anybody else slightly, well, put-off by “dark!dean is so sexy!” and “his face when he kills makes me melt!”
i mean. i’ve said before that i find evil!sam hot? but. man. crazy serial killer dean is terrifying, not attractive.